These Banana Nut Muffins are great for the kids when they get home for a snack.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 muffins
Non-stick cooking spray
3 bananas, mashed
¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup of whole milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of sugar
2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of walnuts, chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.